BLACK HILLS NATIONAL CEMETERY & VFW MEMORIAL CHAPEL
21,000 Veterans and their family members lie in their final resting place at the Black Hills National Cemetery. Rows of white headstones cover the fields of this 105-acre cemetery, located three miles southeast of Sturgis, SD, on the edge of the Black Hills. Granite pedestals honor Vietnam Veterans. Monuments are engraved with “The Bivouac of the Dead” poem, and President Lincoln’s “Gettysburg Address.”
Built in 1948, this cemetery is one of 2,800 locations nationwide active in Wreaths Across America, a program in which soldiers’ tombstones are honored with a Christmas wreath. On site, a VFW Memorial Chapel welcomes visitors where they can reflect and pay homage to the Veterans and their families.
Stone Group Architects (SGA) is a proud supporter of our Veterans and Military Memorials. While we are strong supporters, SGA is independent from the memorials and does not claim responsibility of building or funding these memorials. SGA is a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB) architectural firm, providing planning and design services to a variety of government clients.