PAWNEE COUNTY VETERANS MEMORIAL
This birdseye view shows a beautifully landscaped memorial just in front of the Pawnee County Courthouse. A flagstone walkway curves toward sitting benches and four granite walls engraved with names of the local Veterans. The design of the walls was created to replicate a flying flag. Names are engraved into a fifth wall for those killed in action (KIA) along with etched images. Seals of the five branches of service are displayed along a sitting wall. A sixth pedestal displays the etched artwork of an eagle carrying the American Flag.
The initial Pawnee County Courthouse was built in 1869. In 1881, a raging fire burned down two thirds of the downtown, including the courthouse. The courthouse was rebuilt in 1911 and is included in the National Register of Historic Places along with 55 other structures.
PAWNEE CITY, NE
Stone Group Architects (SGA) is a proud supporter of our Veterans and Military Memorials. While we are strong supporters, SGA is independent from the memorials and does not claim responsibility of building or funding these memorials. SGA is a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB) architectural firm, providing planning and design services to a variety of government clients.